Tuesday, March 14, 2006

From Dormancy to poems!!

Firstly a confession, or rather some would call it self-realization. I havent blogged for quite some time now. Mayebe I have lost interest, maybe I had some other priorities, or rather I became too lazy.

But still then I do have a strong urge of penning down something, maybe to satisfy an urge, maybe to amuse others or maybe that I have some more time. Anyways, I have a reason to blog again. I believe that I dont have any talent for writing poetry, but some people believe that I do have something. In order that I believe in what others believe, let me put up this poem in this blog, just for the heck of it. I have been inspired to write this piece for a friend of mine who is leaving this Garden City to relocate to the Hi-tech city of Hyderabad.
Bangalore's loss is Hyderabad's gain.

If ever, in times to come, you stand back and wonder
Think of the time now and duly surrender
To the charms of the past, to the beauty of the present
To all the wishes we give you, truly very pleasant

Amidst the celebrations of success in your new endevours
Spare a thought, yes, a few shards of time
For all your friends, here, there and everyhere
Who wish you the very best, with emotions sincere

But I request you, O humble maiden
That thy need not feel any pain
Suffering, disdain, woes or sorrow
As always, every day gives way to yet another tomorrow

As time comes calling, for greater things to come
You too tread along with great aplomb
The sands of time, the trails of success
We wish you the very best, the very best, possibly, the bestest

After reading it I feel that I should subject others also to this royal torture, maybe next time i shall try something funnier.......

1 comment:

GRAM said...

good to see you blogging again...

good poem...
keep blogging!!