Friday, August 05, 2005

Verbal Dysentry

This may be attributed to the immense amounts of work that we guys have been assigned in our workplaces. I was having a mail-session with my dear friend Chintan. This is what transpired between us........goes to show how u can say a small thing in 1000 words. Also goes to prove that we still have the Angrezi pangs of snootiness left in us.....no offences pls.......

The situation was that Chintan had sent me a document and I decided to thank him for that.......

Mail 1 - Rex to Chintan

abe chints,

thoda formal ban raha hoon.......

please accept my sincerest gratitude in lieu of your show of kindness by way of extending the report to ignorant people like me.............i wud consider it my privilege to humbly acknowledge this show of extreme gratitude on your part and wud like to thank you profusely for the same...

Mail 2 - Chintan to Rex

Dear Rex,

I am honored to accept your gratitude and feel it is a privilege on my part to be acknowledged by you. I must say I am extremely touched by this show of humility on your part to acknowledge the presence of mere mortals like me.

Thanking you,

Chintan Shah

P.S.: Screw you

Mail 3 - Rex to Chintan

I am in awe of the incredulous display of usage of language combined with the impeccable style of delivery in communication. I must however also bring to notice the implicit desire of esteemed individuals like yourself to glorify and amplify the microscopic traces of talent in humans like me. I must feel privileged to be thanked by no less a gifted individual like yourself, and I a thoroughly in awe of the wonderful display of courtesy extended towards me in the due course of transaction between us. In the times to come, it may be safely assumed that the level of gentlemanly behaviour on display here, would transcend all boundaries of present and existing norms of culturd behaviour and would herald a new beginning in the customary privilege of reetings exchanged by the human race.

in much more anticipation of heightened excellence in formality, I entrust upon myself the pleasure of extending this piece of communication through the channel of electronic communication. Let us eschew ourselves in the noble cause of proliferating a new paradigm of communication etiquettes.

with the highest respect

rex

Mail 4 - Chintan to Rex

This is not my cup of tea.......

Mail 5 - Rex says, Hey Chintu, if it isnt ur cup of tea, try coffee....(a bad PJ)

Mail 6 - Chitan replies....

Oh good idea….how nice of you…ok why don’t u also pick one for me ……

Espresso

Strong black coffee ...no frills

Espresso Americano

Lighter espresso for mellow moods.

Macchiato

Expresso topped with milk foam.

Cappuccino

The hottest selling item,prepared in true Italian style.

Cafe Latte

Espresso with milk. A light coffee.

Chococinno

A sinful combo of chocolate ice & hot coffee.

Cafe Mocha

Hot coffee with a swirl of chocolate.

Irish Coffee

Whipped cream tops the flavour of your choice.

DISCLAIMER

The rest of the conversation is not worthy of being published as it borders deep into the private lives of the interested parties....

MORE TO COME........

3 comments:

Arun R said...

Stupendous!!!

Could not have spent time in any better way!!!

Btw, The Disclaimer... Private Life.... U need not b bogged down by it Rex, come on face it..... take the bull by its horns...

GRAM said...

Noe let me guess what thet private talk may have been on...

I suppose Chintu would have asked Rex to go on a Date again with...
and have coffee and .....
Now this is really private...
so let me leave it!!!

Varun Abhiram said...

Hehe you guys must be really bored at office :)

Karthik pointed me to this post in case you were wondering.